« Snow Photos | Main | New York Comic Con 2013 »

Isn't Occupy Over?

I wear a 99% pin on my coat, and several times a week get asked what it means. This gives me a chance to inform someone about Income Inequality, and how the 1% have bought the government and changed the rules to their favor.

Today I was asked 'Isn't Occupy over?'.

Nope, they are still active in many ways. The News doesn't report anything but if you search online, you'll find plenty of actions happening. 

Here's some local NYC events: http://www.nycga.net/events/

Here's photos I took at small march on January 18, 2014 on the Fourth Aniversary of Citizens United.


The march started in Zuccotti Park. My friend Dan Kinch did a special Citizens United version of his play 'How To Stop the Empire While Keeping Your Day Job.'


More people spoke about the evils of Citizens United. 

Then we visited local Wall Street businesses. First up was Goldman Sachs.


Then Bank Of America, followed by Chase Bank

Then the Fed.

Then Deusche Bank, followed by Citibank

And last but not least, Federal Hall, where George Washington was sworn is as first president.

Along the way we were escorted by several policemen on foot, and 3 vans, two with 8 police each and a van to hold arrestees, should any arrests happen. None did.

Also on hand were many dumbfounded tourists and local residents, who believe the national news and thought this protesting stuff was over.


More photos from this march on Facebook.

Posted on Monday, February 10, 2014 at 05:37PM by Registered CommenterOwen Long | CommentsPost a Comment

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
All HTML will be escaped. Hyperlinks will be created for URLs automatically.